The first-ever Defense Housing Authority (DHA) housing scheme for Baluchistan has launched in Quetta named as DHA Quetta Smart City (Phase-1).Its organizers say that it will be a state of the art housing project of Pakistan. The project Administrator of DHA Quetta Brigadier Muhammad Javed Iqbal.
including, education, health, sports amenities would be provided to residents, besides that Water Resources Management System would also be installed in it.
He said that land acquisition for the project is under process and DHA Quetta has already acquired a large amount of land. It will be a Modern residential structure with health, education and other allied facilities that will be developed as part of the housing project.
DHA Quetta Location
It is located at 7 KM from Quetta International Airport and almost 16 KM from Jinnah Road HBL Chowk at N 25. DHA Quetta is situated near CPEC Western Route.
Wide road network
- Expressway 316 feet
- Parkways 240 feet
- Boulevard 180 feet
- Avenues 120 feet
- Street 60 feet
- It will be first large scale housing project in Pakistan having minimum 60 feet road.
Milestones achieved by DHA Quetta
Construction & Inauguration of DHA Quetta Head Office (state of the art building, having all departments under one roof).
- Selection of Town Planning Firm
- Preparation of Town Planning
- DHA Quetta Grand Entrance Design and BOQs
- Grand Entrance Soil Investigation
- Grand Entrance earthbreaking
- Prequalification of contracting firms
- Construction work started for Grand Entrance
DHA Quetta Offering affordable Housing Society
800 units planned over 50 Acres. Cheaper then conventional construction. 1000 sq ft in 30 las including land cost. Weather friends and LT WT due to insulated walls. Best suited for seismic zone like Quetta, Eco of space due to multi storey construction, Less construction time.
Features of DHA Quetta
- Intelligent Transport System
- Laying of fiber optic
- Infrared Sensors for TFC Signal Management & CCTV Cam
- Integrated with DHA Quetta Mobile App
- Smart Waste MGMT
- Use of embedded Sensors / GPS on waste bins
- Dynamic waste management & routing
- Indigenous recycling with miun envmt impact
- Smart Energy Management
- Primary Source QESCO
- Establishment of 225 MW Grid
- 20 MW Solar (Project Cost: USD 285 Million). 225 MW Combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) with high thermal efficiency. Commercial Operations: 5 years
DHA Quetta Smart City
- Smart Electric meters.
- Smart appliances
- Renewable energy resources
- Efficient transmission media
- Pipeline Water Resource Projects for Quetta
- Pet Feeder / Kachhi Canal 60 Mgd
- Burj Aziz Khan Dam 23 Mgd
- Halak Dam 4 Mgd
- 100 Check Dams – TWs 28 Mgd
- Available Dams in vicinity of Zone C
- Shamozai Dam
- Kach Dam
- Mangi Dam (Location: Mangi Dam is proposed to the constructed near Mangi Village on Khost River about 76 KM from Quetta City)